IW4X Includes the Following Features:
- IW4x allows you to set up your own dedicated servers with modifications for Modern Warfare 2 on top of a decentralized network.
- Dedicated servers with lobbies
- No matchmaking, but dedicated and (Local LAN) listening servers
- Fully offline playable LAN mode, including a server browser
- Friends list (Steam required to be run in the background)
- Cheat prevention measures
- Theater mode
- New weapons
- New maps
- New game mechanics
- Mod tools to create your own custom content
- and much more
The Easiest Method:
If you don't have a copy of MW2, there is an All-In-One package that contains the game files, the DLCs and the IW4x client files.
- Download the All-In-One IW4x DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Mirror) (MediaFire Mirror#2) (Torrent Mirror)
- Extract all the contents from the zip to a folder like C:\Games\IW4X
- Click iw4x-updater.exe to check for updates and click the green Play button to launch the game.
That's it. You're done.
The Almost As Easy Method:
If you own the game on Steam, it is suggested that you copy and paste your game files to a new location before adding the IW4x files. This way, you can still play the Steam version and have IW4x without any issues.
- Download the IW4x Updater and place it in your game folder
- Click iw4x-updater.exe and it will download the IW4x client files plus the extra IW4x exclusive DLCs. If you need the standard Steam DLCs, get the all in one download above.
- Launch the game by pressing the green Play button on the bottom right corner or the updater.
That's it. You're done.
If you are an advanced user and are interested in setting up your own server, see the instructions HERE.
- If you get a 0xc000007b and/or a d3dx0_40.dll, open the Redist folder and run vc_redist.exe then go to your Directx folder and scroll down until you see DXSETUP.exe and run it. If you don't have this folder, you need to download the DirectX updater from Microsoft.
- If you have a black screen issue, try this BlackScreenFix.bat file and run it on your game folder. (You only need to run that once and should save on your game config until you delete the players folder.)
- If you get a Fatal Error, read the following note.
Custom Maps (Optional)
You can get custom maps HERE. (Depends on your internet you can download splits or the FULL one) Download & extract the zip and create a folder called usermaps on your IW4x game folder.