I want to play BO2 offline.

Discussion in 'Redacted (BO2)' started by Beverage, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Beverage

Beverage Noob Member

Hello. I downloaded the latest version or release from the official Redacted website (redacted.se) and I disconnected my internet to see if it'll work offline but the dialog box just keeps saying "Connecting to Redacted..." and after a while I just exited out of the game. I have been using the latest version from RSE and it works wonderfully. I was just wondering if the RSE release is the latest version and I know that the redacted lan is no longer in development. I just want to play BO2 offline.

That is the first question if you will. My second question is very important. I am not sure if there is a collaboration between the RSE and Redacted teams or not. But, I have played the heck out of BO2 using the RSE version. Aside from unknown freezing and lag issue of BO2 since I am not sure if it's the game itself or if it's my computer (which do not believe that my computer is the problem), I have backed up the "userfile" folder, which according to the readme provided in the RSE release, contains my multiplayer stats, to my desktop. But, after doing a clean install of Windows 10 and going back to Windows 8 and replacing the "userfile" folder to the "opennetstorage" folder, and launching BO2, I get the "server disconnected - 57475" error and I had to use the resetstats command. Which means that I had lost all of my progress that I have worked hard on.

Is there a way to back up my multiplayer progress with the RSE patch/release applied and no longer get the error when wanting to play the game? Especially if I want to do a clean install of my computer and keep playing where I have left off on a fresh install of Windows from time to time?

Please help me. I do not want to re-earn everything a third time.

2. Setsuna_

Setsuna_ Member

just pm how to get one , cos i cant post a pirated content here . its against the rules of the forum .

3. Setsuna_

Setsuna_ Member

u can play with this latest repacks that he made .

4. PeterG

PeterG Administrator

There is an older version of Redacted that works without an internet connection that someone can post as long as it's just the client files.

Not sure if you'll be able to recover your stats as the opennet plugin has problems.

RSE is just a bot mod used with Redacted.

5. Beverage

Beverage Noob Member

That is really sad that I am unable to get my progress back.

6. LeRutY

LeRutY Member

WTF, why no proper instructions in the readme?? You have to backup the PLAYERS and USERFILES folders. I only saved userfiles, because the readme in RSE v4 says that. I just thought, there has to be a way to save progression. But already too late. Very good work -.-

WHAT DA FU**?? Just inserted my old "userfiles" folder into BO2 AND OMFG! Got my level back!

7. Beverage

Beverage Noob Member

How did you get your stats back? Was I really supposed to back up only the "Players" and "Userfiles" folders? Where do I re-insert the "userfiles" folder to get the progress back? Thanks!

8. LeRutY

LeRutY Member

After losing my progress (only inserting "Userfiles" gives you "Your Online stats have been reset" message), I leveled up to 2. Then I inserted my backup "Userfiles" folder and suddenly I got no more "Stats have been reset" and my level was back. (I´m sorry if it´s not the correct way, I can´t remember exactly, I was upset but after I got it working again, I was speechless.)

"Userfiles" is located in "Call of Duty Black Ops 2/ Plugins/ OpenNetStorage". It´s recommended to backup it every once a while. (I backup it every time I close BO2.)