Issue Server won't start

exape

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I just downloaded the MW2 Legacy and it works like a charm. I am trying to setup a server on my local network and i have some difficulties.
I followed the "Quick server set up guide" correctly, installed the C++ Package, downloaded the server files, and merged those with a copy of my MW2 Legacy folder.
Since i just want to setup a classic working local server I don't port forwarded any ports on my box.

Here is a screenshot of my bat file. When I start my local server, it frozes around here and i can't reach the server with my game client.
erreur.png

1592149574264.png

I also tried to use the steam files instead of the legacy client, but the issue is the same.
I am also using the default server config file, with no mods, just vanilla game.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

exape

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
Here it is:
Code:
@echo off
:: use "+set dedicated 1" for LAN, or "+set dedicated 2" for online
start %installdir%iw4m.exe +set dedicated 1 +set party_maxplayers 18 +set net_port 28960 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

PeterG

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Not sure, i am having the same issue running it. I would stick with private matches and they can connect with the connect command

exape

Jun 14, 2020
Visit site
So, should i just connect to a running private match on my first pc with my second pc ?

EDIT: My bad, doesn't even work, i tested connect 192.168.1.16 with and without :28960 and the connect fails.

Last edited: